Welcome to our Safety Tips page
Protect yourself against Internet fraud!
The vast majority of ads are posted by honest people and trust. So you can do excellent business. Despite this, it is important to follow a few common sense rules following to prevent any attempt to scam.
- Doing business with people you can meet in person.
- Never send money by Western Union, MoneyGram or other anonymous payment systems.
- Never send money or products abroad.
- Do not accept cheque.
- Ask about the person you are dealing with another confirming source name, address and telephone number.
- Keep copies of all correspondence (emails, ads, letters, etc.) and details of the person.
- If a deal seems too good to be true, there is every chance that this is the case. Refrain.
Recognize attempted scam
- The majority of scams have one or more of these characteristics:
- The person is abroad or traveling abroad.
- The person refuses to meet you in person.
- Payment is made through Western Union, Money Gram or cheque.
- The texts seem to be copied and pasted.
- The deal seems to be too good to be true.